Author Topic: # 2 - Browsers  (Read 13113 times)

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
    • Earn Cash - Make Money Online
# 2 - Browsers
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
The browser that you use could have an impact on your online security.  Here are some suggestions.

I only use Internet Explorer when I have to because of the security holes in it.  Some web sites are programmed for just Internet Explorer.

I use a Mozilla Firefox browser as my default browser now.  I also use a Netscape browser some times.  I try to avoid Internet Explorer as much as possible.

If you decide to use a Mozilla Firefox browser or already do you can have it clear your browser history, saved form information, saved passwords, download history, cookies, cache and authenticated sessions when you close your Firefox browser.  To do this go to Tools - Options (a dialogue box will open) - Privacy - Settings and put a check mark in all of them.

Mozilla Firefox has a built in pop-up stopper that you can turn off or on by going to Tools - Options - Content.

Like most browsers these days Firefox has the Tabs feature to open more than one web site in the same browser window.  This is a handy feature if you want to surf 2 or more sites at the same time.

If you have any questions or comments start a new topic in 'Chat with other members'.

Mike