Author Topic: # 1 - Online Security  (Read 30306 times)

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
    • Earn Cash - Make Money Online
# 1 - Online Security
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »
I believe the most important topic that everyone using the internet should be concerned with is online security.  Some Internet Service Providers are offering a security package to their customers these days.  Here's some suggestions if your ISP does not.

A couple of years ago I published a web page called Online Security.  I am still using the same security utilities as I did then, most of them are free.  Instead of copying the web page to this post you can just go to it, http://www.whymostfail.com/online-security.html

I use a good anti-virus program, three anti-spyware programs, an anti-trojan utility and a good firewall, Zone Alarm (not the firewall that comes with Microsoft XP).  You should just use one anti-virus and one firewall.  You can disable the Microsoft XP firewall.  I keep the utilities current and up to date.  I have not had any problems to speak of since I have been using the security programs on the web page above.  And my anti-spyware utilities hardly ever find spyware on my computer now since I have been using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser.

You may use other security utilities that work.  You can test to see if your computer is secure from the link on my web page above that goes to Gibson Research Corporation.  It's also free.

We may be able to help with some of your security issues or how to use the security utilities on the page above.  But if we can't you can go to one of the three online security forums listed on the page above to talk to the professionals.

If you have any questions or comments start a new topic in 'Chat with other members'.

Mike