Author Topic: I am JamesLouisMarie. I am a Traditional Catholic.  (Read 50296 times)

Offline JamesLouisMarie

I am JamesLouisMarie. I am a Traditional Catholic.
« on: January 06, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
 I am JamesLouisMarie. Today is January 6; the feast of the Ephiphany and also my birthday.I am a Traditional Catholic. The first part of my name is honor of Saint James the Greator; of whom Jesus called, "Son of Thunder."  I believe he is my patron saint because, I also have a tendance to be zealous, especailly when it comes to my Catholc Faith.
The second part of my name is in honor of Saint Louis-Marie who had a deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin. He wrote books in her honor and
he wrote a special book which explians how to consecrate onself to Jesus through Mary. This consecration takes six weeks of reading and prayerful meditation. I am currebtly on the third week. I am renewing my consecration to Jesus through Mary which I first made in January 1989.   
JamesLouisMarie

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
    • Earn Cash - Make Money Online
Re: I am JamesLouisMarie. I am a Traditional Catholic.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »
Hi James Louis Marie.  Welcome to our forum.

We have a lot in common.  It's my birthday today too (Jan. 6).  When we were kids mom wouldn't let dad take the tree down until after Epiphany or little Christmas as it's sometimes called.  Some years the tree looked like a Charlie Brown tree with a lot of needles fallen off by the time it was taken down.  :)

I guess I could call myself a Traditional Catholic too but the Latin Mass is just offered around here on the first Sunday of each month.  I'd attend the Latin Mass every Sunday if it was said here.

I was named after Michael the Archangel and John the Baptist.  I wear a Brown Scapular and did the five first Saturdays of the Fatima Consecration a few years ago.  I haven't heard of Saint Louis-Marie's book on how to consecrate yourself to Jesus through Mary, although I'd be interested to learn more about it.  I just did a search for 'Saint Louis-Marie' and realized you are talking about St. Louis de Montfort.  I've heard about him lots but I've never read anything he wrote. 

Have you ever listened to any Sons of Thunder audio files?  I just listened to one a couple of days ago for the first time.  The topic was Grace.  It was pretty good.

It's nice to meet you James.  If you ever want to have a chat about St. Louis de Montfort, the consecration, our faith, Christianity or religion in general just start a thread in our Serious Topics category.  If there is enough interest I'd start a new category called Christianity or Religion or something like that.

Mike

PS  I just about forgot.  Happy Birthday James.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:32:34 AM by Mike »

Offline barb

• Founder
  • Tired
    • Poems and Short Stories
Re: I am JamesLouisMarie. I am a Traditional Catholic.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »
Hi James Louis Marie, wow, now we have two birthdays on Jan 6th plus I have a brother born that day. Happy late belated birthday to you. Some really interesting information.