Author Topic: Coming soon, new publishing site that lets you keep 100% of your earnings.  (Read 5286 times)

Offline sandrarinck

What could be better than a writing site that doesn't make you share your earnings with the site owners?  Nothing.   I need to know what would make my site perform better than the competition. 

When looking for a site to write and make money on, what do you look for?  I really want to create a site that is easy enough for beginners as well as functional enough for more advanced users. 

What were some problems you ran into with other sites? 

Were there specific reasons you left or are you just in it for the money?

I would love to hear your ideas! 

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
    • Earn Cash - Make Money Online
Hi Sandra.  Sites like HubPages and Helium for writers share a portion of the Google Adsense revenue with their members.  Helium uses their own Google Adsense codes while HubPages uses the members codes on the Hubs then keeps a portion of the members commissions.

I was just told the portion of the members Google Adsense commissions that HubPages keeps.  I'm not sure if this source is correct but it said the member just gets 10% of the commission.

HubPages must have a special deal with Google because I believe it says in the Adsense terms of service members are suppose to just use their codes on their own sites.

Also you are giving up your intellectual property when you post it on sites like HubPages and Helium.  They basically own it to make the majority of the prophet from it.

Personally I think it is a much smarter idea to get your own web hosting account and keep 100% of your commissions.

You know a forum is a form of social networking.  There is nothing stopping us right here in this forum from sharing our web sites with each other.  I like reading some of the interesting articles at HubPages and Helium but I think both limit the individual.  Personal web sites widen the creativity for the individual.  If there was enough interest I would open categories for Entertainment, Politics, Religion or any other category.

In fact if there was enough interest I would offer our own in house inexpensive web hosting for say $3 to $5 a month.  I already have a set of tutorials in a private part of this forum on how to build web sites.  I think it would be fun to help people build web sites they could make some money with and offer new categories in this forum to highlight them in.

For anyone that reads this and is interested post a reply.

Thanks
Mike           

Offline sandrarinck

Hi Mike!  I got to working on the new site.  It is coming along so far but I am working on making it possible for the writers to incorporate their own ads into their own post so that everyone keeps 100% of all their earnings from a number of different affiliates via adsense, amazon, click bank etc... there are some that I have never heard or before too, so I think that is a step in the right direction.

I really want to know how you would like to incorporate this forum into the site.  I was also looking over my boyfriends shoulder at a forum he visits everyday and I think it is much like this... they lay out different but you can basically write whatever and put up video and links and photos right in the forum post like writing a content article. 

Yeah, I don't like the idea of having to play around with people income.  I think the best way is to make it so that every member is responsible for their own earnings and I don't have to play around with shares and all that stuff!

Also,  I was wondering if sometime this week (next week) you could send me a more detailed layout about your idea for webhosting for 3-5 bucks so that I can configure it into the site. 

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
Well Sandra you can just have them start a thread in here linking to their articles so there viewers can post comments about them if they want.  Let me know if you want me to open some more categories.  Well what are you doing, making a site like HubPages or Helium that uses a wysiwyg system or are you using a forum?  Either way it doesn't look like you'll need to offer web hosting.  Or if you do I can offer it.  What are you doing, taking all my ideas that I gave you by e-mail and running with them?     

Offline sandrarinck

No, I was thinking, actually, about linking your hosting thing to the site so they can go directly to as well as your forum either in a tab or as a banner as an advertisement for your webhosting and the details about your program so that I can write a sales page for you.  LOL, no I am not taking all your ideas and running with them. lol, I want to route them to you.  I thought that was what we were talking about.  I could have misunderstood, if so I totally apologize, not my intention at all.

I am not sure how to do a wysiwyg system but I still want to give the writers total freedom but want to maintain some sort of layout so it looks somewhat uniform.  I am thinking they will have to know how to embed their own codes and stuff and linking again to your site on how to do that sort of stuff.  If everything is still cool (I am not sure if you were joking in your last line or not) some more forum categories would be good. 

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
I was under the impression that we were talking about a collaboration.  If you are going to start a forum for writers to post their articles then their viewers would already be able to post their comments there.  I suppose they could also advertise them here just like anything else though.  It would be different if what you are doing does not have a comment box, you know like Helium it just has the option of writing a whole new article on the same subject matter as a comment.  If it was like that it would make sense for the writers to post a link to their thread in here at the end of their articles asking for comments.  Or if they are writing their articles on their own web sites then it would also make sense for the writers to post a link to their thread in here at the end of their articles asking for comments, you know like Barb's poems and short stories web site.  And that is where the web hosting would come in.

I just don't know what direction you are going.  Your own forum?  Or something like Helium?  Both your own forum or something like Helium would make a need for their own web sites not necessary, unless they wanted that in addition.  Or were you thinking just their own web sites to write their articles on?  This is what I have been considering for quite a while.  You know, if you are going to have your own site too then how do we jive?

I know you are wanting to do something like this because you are disgruntled with HubPages, like I imagine a lot of members that have gone to the HubPages forums.  I have been trying to hint for quite some time, even in the HubPages forums (and even before you started your old forum) that we could have the same discussions right here in this forum, without the assaults by militant atheists and without HubPages administration allowing it and stepping on Christians.  I like your reasoning, we just need to get it together some how.  Once we do we might be able to draw some of the other disgruntled HubPages members.     

Offline sandrarinck

Ah, I see where the miss communication is.  I thought it was understood that I would be building my own multiple blogger site and that I was going to use your forum as part of the site so that they could list their articles here as another traffic and ad source like it is already used for because it wouldn't make much sense for me to plug in my own forum where they can post links for traffic within the same site... I don't like that about hubpages.  So I thought I would be using your forum as an external (though incorporated) source for trafficking, ads and of course a regular chat forum which would generate traffic for both of us and a broader range of viewers.

I dunno, let me keep working on the site and I will send you the link in an email and we can go from there.

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
Yeah okay.

Offline sandrarinck

Re: Coming soon, new publishing site that lets you keep 100% of your earnings.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Hey Mike.  Okay the forum is in the bar at the top under forum @ thepublishersden.com

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
Thanks Sandra.  Maybe I should open some new categories here so you and the writers on your site can post your articles.  I'll e-mail you tomorrow about it. 

You can post a link to The Publishers Den here if you want.
http://thepublishersden.com/

Offline sandrarinck

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »
Here's what's funny.  Someone thinks you are the owner of the pubden. :D  So, these are my stats as of yesterday.  I don't know if they are good or not since it just got indexed finally on Monday.  6 new users, 88 new visitors and 636 page views.  Is that good? 

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
Well I'd say it was pretty good, wouldn't you?  I see you are in the top spot for 'The Publishers Den' and 'Publishers Den' on Google, at least you are here in Canada.  Why would they think I am the owner?

I guess I better clean up this forum so I can add some new categories so people can post their articles from The Publishers Den, Helium, HubPages or their articles on personal blogs or websites to get more back links and visitors.  They are not going to want to post here while it's getting spammed everyday with crap.   

Offline sandrarinck

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Get to work!   ;D lol.  I think someone from hp stopped by, came to this forum, saw you and assumed.  They make a lot of assumptions on that site which makes it really funny. 

I actually stopped writing on Helium.  Even though it says you keep the rights to you work, you cannot actually delete your work which really sucks.  I think it's really misleading.  No worries though, just means I could get tagged for duplicity even though it's mine. 

But yes, the more links the better. :D

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 01:02:58 PM »
Yeah I think you might have something going on with The Publishers Den.  You've already got some features that are better than both Helium and HubPages.  If you want to use this forum as The Publishers Den forum then yes I better get to work.

Offline sandrarinck

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
Do you think I should add a ratings system?  I don't really want a popularity contest but maybe it will give the users some incentive to keep writing maybe a view count...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:18:22 PM by sandrarinck »