Author Topic: Haiti baptist missionaries get arrested for trying to help the children.  (Read 13567 times)

Offline sandrarinck

I cannot believe it!  These missionaries were in Haiti trying to help the orphans.  Amongst the children were some kids that were not orphans.  An honest mistake.  These people were just trying to help in a place that has been completely destroyed but the government is treating them like hard core criminals and they might very well be persecuted for kidnapping. 

WTH!  Does anyone in their right mind really believe that these missionaries went there to steal and traffic children.  That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.  >:(

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
    • Earn Cash - Make Money Online
Re: Haiti baptist missionaries get arrested for trying to help the children.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »
I wonder why they didn't obtained the proper Haitian documents.

This is a quote from this Yahoo News article.

"One (9-year-old) girl was crying, and saying, 'I am not an orphan. I still have my parents.' And she thought she was going on a summer camp or a boarding school or something like that," said George Willeit, a spokesman for the SOS Children's Village.

I believe they were just trying to help but they should have obtained the proper Haitian documents.

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
If you can believe it PETA is in Haiti too trying to save Haitian animals.  Just ridiculous as usual for PETA.  Again they put the lives of animals before the lives of human beings.

Offline sandrarinck

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »
I wonder why they didn't obtained the proper Haitian documents.

This is a quote from this Yahoo News article.

"One (9-year-old) girl was crying, and saying, 'I am not an orphan. I still have my parents.' And she thought she was going on a summer camp or a boarding school or something like that," said George Willeit, a spokesman for the SOS Children's Village.

I believe they were just trying to help but they should have obtained the proper Haitian documents.

I understood the circumstances but make them criminals?  That is just crazy.  I think it is one of those times where you just say hey, you need to get so and so until then turn around and take the children back. 

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
Yeah I'd say so too but apparently Haiti has a history of orphans being taken and turned into slaves, sometimes in their own country, sometimes smuggled to other countries, even the US.  Apparently the Haitian prime minister wants to make an example of them to stop orphans going out of the country without the proper Haitian documents.  Like for example 52 Haitian orphans were just flown to Canada the other day but the adoption process for those 52 had been underway long before the earthquake.  The Canadian government expedited the entry for them.  The adoption process from an other country takes a couple of years in some cases.  I know two couples that adopted children from China and Russia.  It took a while for both of them.  My friend had to travel to Russia four times before bringing home his daughter.  I can see why the Haitian authorities wants the proper documentation process to be completed.   

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • 'Get ur dun'
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
I found this image for the PETA crowd and thought I'd post it.  I think it describes them pretty well.

Offline thisisme

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »
I heard on the news that the prime minister of Haiti dropped the charges against the missionaries.  He realized they were doing it to help.